The Animation Timeline is where all animations for selected content is added, stored, and organized. This article will give you an in-depth look at the Animation Timeline and its functions.
The Animation Timeline contains a timeline workspace in the middle of the screen which houses the animation tracks. Tools are found on the left side of the screen, tool options are on the right, and menus are on top.
Add Animation Tracks
To add an animation track, tap the Add tool. There are three different types of animations you can add:
- In - animates into the layout
- In & Out - animates into the layout then mirrors itself out of it
- Out - starts with the layout, then animates out of it
Select the type of animation you would like, then tap the timeline to add it. This will create a track on the timeline.
Each animation is represented by a single track on the Animation Timeline. In my example, I have taken an excerpt from the poem "Leisure" by William Henry Davies:
As seen in the Project Timeline Tutorial, the phrase was broken up into three different tracks based on personal preference of the overall project flow. In this Animation Timeline, each track represents an animation done to the phrase "full of care."
There are several tools available in the Animation Timeline to assist you in organizing the tracks. Keep in mind that the Animation Timeline is just that, a timeline. Tracks can be moved and stretched along the timeline to adjust their starting and ending times. The majority of the tools in this workspace assist in making these adjustments.
The tracks in the Animation Timeline represent content, but until the tracks have been edited, these representations are just empty place holders. To edit the tracks, you must navigate to the Tween Workspace.
Select the track you wish to edit using the Select tool. Tap on the desired track, then tap Go. From the list of options, select Tween. The following are all available navigation options.
- Tween- This takes you to the Tweening Workspace which is used to animate the animation tracks.
- Modify Layout- If you have already created a layout, you can return to the Layout Workspace and make adjustments to it. Be cautious when modifying a layout as it may affect any animations that have been assigned to it.
- Project- This returns you to the Project Timeline.
- Home- Return to the Home screen to start on a new or different project, or to exit the program.