In order to streamline and organize projects, Letters in Motion has been divided up into four major workspaces. A workspace is defined as the portion of the screen in which you can work. Listed below are the four major workspaces and other common editors you will run across while using the app.
Other Common Screens
- Home Screen- the screen where all projects are stored and created
- Selection Editor- the editor in which pieces of content are selected for editing
- Render Editor- the editor in which all rendering takes place
- Color Editor- the editor in which colors are chosen and stored
Click on any of the linked workspaces and screens listed above to get a closer look at its features and layout.
Navigation between these workspaces has gotten much easier with the addition of the Go button. The Go button is located in the upper right corner of each workspace. Within it are all possible navigational options based on the workspace you are currently in.
Navigating has become pretty self explanatory, but knowing when to navigate can be a bit tricky. In general, the work flow is as follows:
- Project - add a piece of content
- Layout - design a layout for the content
- Animation - add an animation track to the project
- Tweening - create the animation
- Repeat steps 3 and 4 until all animation tracks are complete and organized for the first piece of content.
- Repeat all steps until all content has been added, animated, and organized
- Project - make final adjustments to the project organization and timing
- Render - render the video for your project
Please keep in mind this is only a suggested workflow to get you started. Creativity is accomplished in many ways and we encourage you to find the workflow that works best for you.